Friday, October 19, 2012

Giant Swoon Baby Quilt

I've loved Camille's Swoon quilt pattern ever since I first saw it.
I have started (but not finished) a full sized quilt. The original block size is a large 24 inches square. I have also made a cushion for my Nana - I made that one a little smaller at 20 inches square. But for this baby quilt I only wanted one supersized block and made it a whopping 36 inches plus small border.

I used a yellow Sketch fabric for the background and some of my favourite Prints Charming prints for the scrappy block.

I used a Prints Charming check for the back, but it wasn't quite wide enough so I pieced in some matching bright pink and aqua Sketch fabrics.

Jeannette longarm quilted it for me in a cute all-over star and swirl pattern.

I hadn't planned on rounding the corners originally but somehow they ended up rounded (I got a bit addicted to using bias binding there for a bit :). I used a precut Kona robins egg bias binding.

So there you have it - one bright, fun and very girly giant scrappy Swoon baby quilt!


  1. Sounds like you are as enamored with Swoon as I have been! (I've made a full-size quilt, two 1-block minis and a 48" 'super' swoon block.) Your is just lovely - an awesome baby quilt! love the curved corners too!

    1. Debbie do you have measurements for the 48" super swoon. I'm looking to make a lap quilt and I think this is the pattern I want to use. Thanks!

    2. Lis, if you get the patten or measurement for the super swoon, let me know,... OK

  2. beautiful quilt. love the colours!

  3. beautiful quilt. love the colours!

  4. Love the giant swoon!! the rounded corners are just perfect too :o)

  5. It looks great! Scrappy Swoons are so adorable. :)